Sunday, August 24, 2008

SLAG at Artoleptic 2008


Asian Skate Gang!
Originally uploaded by Skate Like A Girl
Artoleptic (live painting, music, arts/crafts! and skateboarding) was so rad. It was the first time I skated with a whole crew of asian girls! We mad sessioned the worst place to skate for anyone learning: the curb next to the Sno Con Waterfront store. Though there was this challenge that didn't stop my Asian Girl Gang from tearing it up.

I drank so much Vitamin Energy water and skated from 12 to 6pm. I was super wired, and a sweaty mess.

We taught about 7 girls to shred the curb. I perfected the shuvit/5050stall/body varial/shuvit off the curb!

We met hidehiko from Low Card.

Thanks Shaina for inviting us to be a part of this. Also big ups to our SLAG volunteers: Christine/Simon, Sophie, and Lanna.

-nancy

No comments: